TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- GFAP (glial fibrillary acidic protein) is a cytoskeleton protein that provides structural support for astrocytes in the brain.
- PGP9.5(UCH-L1) mainly exists in the brain nerves and is related to the regulation of cellular proteins.
- GFAP and PGP9.5 is a NEW serological indicators for brain diseases.
- GFAP and PGP9.5 enter the bloodstream within 1 hour of brain trauma.
- Results of GFAP and PGP9.5 can be obtained within 20 minutes.
- CT (Computed Tomography) is not required if both GFAP and PGP9.5 are negative.